Maclay Football Club

Match Report

Match Report - 01 Dec 2013, Maclay Football Club Red beat Marlow Youth

Maclay played well in this sporting match to move into the last sixteen of the League Cup.

Marlow opened the scoring in the 3rd minute when they broke away and scored seconds after Maclay top scorer Matt Ashby had crashed a left foot shot off their crossbar.

It took Maclay until the 29th minute to equalise when Man of the Match CHRIS HEATH headed fiercely home from corner. Wiggs and Ashby combined well up front but it took a JACK O'CONNOR header from another corner to give Maclay the lead just before the break.

The game was hard fought in the second half and it wasn't until the 70th minute before CHRIS HEATH ran through one on one with the keeper and neatly slotted the ball into the bottom left hand corner to give Maclay a two goal cushion. ROBIN NIVEN then cut in from the left and hit the ball across the keeper to make it 4-1 in the 79th minute before Marlow pulled one back three minutes later.

ADAM COWLAND scored a neat 5th goal for Maclay three minutes from the end from a Josh Hart square pass.

Josh Hart look good in his first start for the club. Lagdon and Holzmann both impressed in their second half appearances although the match was blighted by Ben O'Connor's knee injury five minutes after his half time introduction.

Marlow Youth 2 - 5 Maclay Football Club Red ()

Name Goals Details
1 George PARKER  
3 Callum MILES  
4 Chris HEATH   2
5 Sam HAUCK  
6 Ben O'CONNOR   Knee injury
7 Robin NIVEN   1
8 Robert PRUNTY   Not available
9 Jack WIGGS  
10 Adam COWLAND   1
11 Matt ASHBY  
12 James LAGDON  
13 Tom DYKE   Not available
14 Edward BUTLER-CADDLE   Not available
15 Cameron ELLIOT   Not available
17 Saif HIJJAWI   Not available - match 1 of 2 match ban
18 Jack O'CONNOR   1
19 Josh HART  
20 Robert HURLEY   Not available
21 Nicholas WILLIAMS   Not available
22 James MANNERS   Not available
23 Joshua LEE   Not available
24 Bevan GOSLING   Not available
25 Marco ADDATI   Not available